pa0nhc SWRsweeper V2
The use, copy and modification of all info on this site is
only permitted for non-commercial
thereby explicitly mentioning my radio amateur call sign "PA0NHC" as the original writer / designer / photographer / publisher.
I present a working package, with all software down load able
The new #75 PCB is designed for :
Introduction "SWR sweeper V2" 20170527 PCB
- Simple, accurate and fast (max. 5s) recognizing of the resonance frequency and the 50 Ohms math of antenna systems, filters and cables.
- Detection range and sweep range from 50kHz to 30MHz (70MHz max.).
- Can be connected directly onto the antenna feed point for best results (no measuring faults due to the influence from feeder coax length).
- Small (ca. 6.3 x 6.3 x 4.3 cm3) and light (abt. 100g).
- 5V power and communication from/with a laptop through a thin and long (up to 12.5m is tested) USB cable.
- Correct VSWR indications between VSWR=1:1,0 tot VSWR=1:13 or higher.
- Simple resistive measuring circuit. The specialized software calculates and corrects received data for correct VSWR plots.
This small and simple to use gadget can be handy
for adjustments of / to :
- Correct coupling to and matching of loop antennas.
- lengths of antennas .
- Traps in antennas.
- RF power transformers.
Component purchase suggestions :
a. The (6-lead SOT-23 IC) AD8361ARTZ can be ordered here
b. The 5V/16MHz Arduino Pro Micro board and
9851 30MHz Xtal HC-SR08 DDS board can be ordered at tinytronics.nl (or on
eBay). Be sure you order these versions.
c. Action sells very cheap thin 2.5m long USB and 5m long USB coupling cables..
d. All other components have wires or pins and are easy solder able.
e. All used software is free.